Monday, March 22, 2010

GO OBAMA!!!

Well, they did it. Healthcare, at least I think they did. I'm not exactly sure why they have to vote so many times and why they insist on using a gavel, but none the less, they did it. Go President Obama! Hell yes we can! It gets me all firedup and patriotic. Can't you tell? Well, if you can't take my word for it. It is a dreary Monday morning in Manhattan. Ironically, I'm sitting in my doctor's waiting room. I'm tempted to go running up to the receptionist (pardon me, administrative assistant) and say excitedly, "this is all free right!?" For some reason I do not think they would be quite as amused as I am (I tend to amuse myself easily, it's a G-d given blessing and curse at one time), considering they are sweeping in a bundle of cash from this poor bookseller. I know, cry me a river, but seriously, this whole "out of network" bullshit isn't necessary, at least not to my pocketbook (which I stress is no Berkin to begin with). But seriously, "out of network"? Whose network? The almightly gods of United Health Care? Apparently so. But what? Did my OBGYN miss orientation? Was he not allowed to rush or pledge some secret, underground fraternity, therefore is now labeled as an outcast or (insert gasp) an "out of network" provider! G-d forbid! Can I help my doc out here, write a letter? I suppose calling 311 for this matter wouldn't help. So for once in my life I'm left speechless with a large "out of network" charge on my Master Card. and once again, the grand MC, accepted everywhere you want to be, even the gyno.

No comments:

Post a Comment