Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chicken Insides and Mayo...

Braised chicken is what trickled into my gray matter during my weekend. Braised chicken and how to pluck and feather a bird properly. No, not really, but that you have to take the shmutz out of the middle, pull the neck out of the little bag and feel around for the heart. Then drop the neck on the clean kitchen floor and hear your girlfriend squeal. Before this weekend, if you had handed me a raw chicken I most likely would have cringed, sat it on the counter and preceded to stare down the already dead poultry. After confirming it's lack of life I would have googled to see if you are able to microwave a whole bird. Who knows where it would have gone from there. But alas, I know longer own a microwave (I know! Tell me about it!). They aren't allowed in my new home I now cohabitate in with my girlfriend. My girlfriend the chef, enough said. I do not believe her refrigerator had seen mayonnaise since the previous tenants! I snuck it in, and before she knew it, we were eating BLTs after work at 2 in the morning! A small miracle perhaps? Or the beautiful give and take of a blossoming relationship? The latter holds more validity I'm sure. For BLTs at 2am, I'll dispose of my microwave any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment