Thursday, March 11, 2010


Duck, duck, goose... Continued...
Perhaps I'll occasionally wander into my former place of employment and will mull around the bargain books looking for old calendars and muttering about times gone by and hours lost. I'll most likely attempt to punch in at the time clock and after numerous attempts and failures a kind-hearted M.O.D. will eventually give me faux numbers that they will have to alert Human Resources to. "Yes, I know she doesn't work here... Yes, I know she isn't being paid. But don't worry, she's in as seasonal so there are no worries about needing to give here benefits," the kind-hearted M.O.D. on duty will reassure H.R. over the phone.

"Thanks for calling Booksellers and Booksellers, this is one of many crazies... Hold for a moment, I'll transfer you."

No comments:

Post a Comment